What is the difference between a .TIF and a .TIFF, or a .JPG and a .JPEG? There really isn't a difference between a .TIF and a .TIFF, or a .JPG and a .JPEG, except that one uses an extension with three letters, the other with four. The files are the same, and will remain the same even if you change the file from the three-letter extension to the four-letter extension. For example, if you change a .TIF to .TIFF, the file will still open up the same; the only difference will be in the file name. The two different file extensions for the same file type derived from Windows, which required files to have a file extension of no more than three letters. Thus, the original .TIFF files were abbreviated to .TIF to meet this requirement. Macintosh platforms however, did not limit the file extensions to three letters, since the longer the extension meant the more descriptive, which is why Macs use file types with four extensions.
Dots Per Inch (dpi):A measurement of resolution of input, output and display devices. 300 dpi means that when printed, each square inch of your image will contain 90,000 pixels (dots), the higher the dpi (the more pixels per inch) the more crisp the printed image will be. Our electronic (digital files) have to have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Anything less than that is considered as low resolution and may appear blurry when printed.
DESIGNING AND FEES
DESIGN FEES AND ARTWORK CHARGES
1. If their is a design fee charge then design fees must be paid in advance.
2. What does free design fee really mean? - It means that the first 30 minutes is free, any designing after that point is 40.00 per hour. Most Reasonable designs take 30 minutes or under.
3. If your design is free that doesn't mean your artwork is free, if you got a free design and want your artwork after the job is finished then you will haft to pay for your artwork according to the time it took to do the designing.
4. If you have your own design ready to go then there won't be any design fees. BEWARE - most people think that their artwork is ready to go when in reality it's not,, be sure that you have the correct size, make sure you allow for bleed, make sure you have at least 300dpi for most printing, for most sign work you need vectorized artwork, You're better off letting me put it into the correct floormat.
5. BASIC ARTWORK CHARGES does not include eps. or .ai floormats, if you need one of these floormats ask for a price.
Standard Printing Turnaround Time: (Shipping Time Not Included)Additional Holiday Turnaround: Please be advised that during the holiday season, our standard printing turnaround time will be extended by an additional (2) two business days due to an increase in volume. Thank you for your cooperation.
DVD PACKAGES: 3-5 business days after approval and processed payment.ORDERS PLACED BY 9AM PST, AND APPROVED BY 12PM PST, WILL PRINT IN TWO BUSINESS DAYS AND SHIP ON THE THIRD BUSINESS DAY. For example, if an order is placed by Monday, 9am PST, we will send you an online proof (for retail customers only) within three hours. Once you approve the order (by noon PST), your order will be sent to print and will ship by Wednesday. Please note that if there are any issues with files not being print ready or credit card issues, we will not be responsible. You need to make sure you are following up on your order by logging into your account and checking your status and/or checking your email. Additional Holiday Turnaround: Please be advised that during the holiday season, our rush printing turnaround time will be extended by an additional (2) two business days due to an increase in volume. Thank you for your cooperation.
DOUBLE-FACED SIGN: A sign with two parallel opposing (back-to-back) faces.
Standard Printing Turnaround Time:
(Shipping Time Not Included)Additional Holiday Turnaround: Please be advised that during the holiday season, our standard printing turnaround time will be extended by an additional (2) two business days due to an increase in volume. Thank you for your cooperation.
DOOR HANGERS: 4-8 business days after approval and processed payment.
- Recycled Paper: additional 5 business days.
- 16pt. Dull Cover: additional 3 business days.
- Quantity Over 5K: additional 3 business days per 10k.
DIRECTORY SIGN: A sign that identifies the names and locations of tenants in a multi-tenant building or in a development made up of a group of buildings.
DIRECTIONAL SIGN: Signs designed to provide direction to pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
DIMENSIONAL LETTER: A specification description of a letter, logo or symbol, either cut out, cast, molded or fabricated in material such as metal or plastic to create a raised condition.
DECK CABINET: Similar in detail and use as a raceway except larger in cross section to provide a background area.